Rogue Wagon Wheel Pair
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Co-developed with award-winning powerlifting coach Mark Bell, Rogue Wagon Wheels represent a new innovation in deadlift training—a way to do block pulls without the blocks. The project started with a simple question: does a 45LB plate have to be the standard 450MM in diameter? Once the clear answer was “no,” we set to work with Mark to create a durable, over-sized 45LB plate that could produce many of the same essential benefits of using blocks.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Metal Plates
Product Summary & Specs
Co-developed with award-winning powerlifting coach Mark Bell, Rogue Wagon Wheels represent a new innovation in deadlift training—a way to do block pulls without the blocks. The project started with a simple question: does a 45LB plate have to be the standard 450MM in diameter? Once the clear answer was “no,” we set to work with Mark to create a durable, over-sized 45LB plate that could produce many of the same essential benefits of using blocks.
Our Wagon Wheels are Made in the USA using 0.375″ thick laser-cut steel with a simple, clear coating (for a raw steel look). With this updated design, we have also built in an additional 1” thick steel lip along the frame’s outer ring to help better prevent wear on heavy pulls and drops. Each oversized plate measures 660MM (26″) in total diameter—a difference that elevates the bar about the same as setting it on 3” pulling blocks. At this height, the bar is well positioned for partial range-of-motion deadlifts, making it optimal for taller athletes, those dealing with lower back or knee issues, or any powerlifters looking to work on their lockout.
If you like the idea of doing your block pull work without actually hauling out the blocks each time, consider this your long awaited re-invention of the wheel. Rogue Wagon Wheels are sold in pairs, and are compatible with most standard barbells, enabling multiple users to quickly load or unload the bar with no need for a rack or jack.
Benefits for Powerlifters:
- Easier to get into a proper deadlift position and maintain a neutral spine
- Specifically targets sticking points
- Great for overloading deadlifts
- Good tool for teaching new lifters how to deadlift
- Can use with mats for incremental height adjustments
- Easy loading and unloading of other plates
- Can be conveniently stored the same as other plates
- Made in the USA
- Sold in pairs
- 0.375″ thick laser-cut steel construction
- NEW 1” thick steel lip to prevent damage on heavy pulls and drops
- Weight: 45LB (single) per wheel
- Weight Tolerance: +/- 2% of claimed weight
- Diameter: 660MM (26″) – more than 8” wider than standard 45LB plates
- Wheel Width: 50.80MM (2″)
- Application: Powerlifting – Block pull deadlifts
- Co-developed with Mark Bell of Team Super Training
- Features Rogue and Super Training logos
|Made In USA||
Coop is the creator of Garage Gym Reviews. He's produced more content on home gyms and training equipment than likely anyone else in the world and is recognized as the foremost expert in the space. When not writing about barbells, squat racks, and other pieces of equipment, he can be found eating tacos and reading biographies on dead people. Coop has been featured in prestigious publications such as The Art of Manliness, Starting Strength, Men's Health, Business Insider and many others.