Rogue Strongman Sandbags
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
Designed and manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, Rogue’s Strongman™ Sandbags deliver a versatile, go-anywhere alternative to heavy balls and stones. They feature the same 1000D MIL Spec US Cordura construction and reinforced, double-stitched seams as our full length Sandbags—in a new compact, customizable form.Manufacturer: Rogue FitnessCategory: Sand Bags
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- They come in 6 sizes which can be filled to 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, and 400 pounds at full capacities. You can also fill the bags at less than capacity if you need less weight. If you think you're strong, prepare to be humbled.
- Out of 178 reviews on the Rogue website, only 1 is under 4 stars...and it is a 3-star review.
- One reviewer states, "Sandbag works great, the material is solid, and I know it will last forever." This review is indicative of almost every review of the Rogue Strongman Sandbags.
- The slightly longer and thinner design makes them easier to grip and hold.
- The quality of the construction including, reinforced, double-stitched seams and 1000D MIL Spec US Cordura construction, make them as tough as any sandbag on the market.
- The bags have zippers and hook-and-loop enclosures on the outside along with a velcro flap which translates into them only losing sand if you want them to.
- Play sand can be purchased at an extremely reasonable price and the weight is therefore adjusted by you.
- The bags are small and stackable and take up very little space for a garage or home gym.
- The duffle style outer shell makes it easier to work with and easier to transport. You can also empty the bag at one location and fill it at another.
- This is the bag that you see at the Crossfit Games each year.
- Made and sourced in the USA.
- The Rogue name is synonymous with quality, customer service, and a great warranty.
- We have multiple sizes of the Strongman Sandbags and despite throwing them around like they hurt our momma, they still don't leak sand and perform as they did on day one.
What needs improvement...
- If you are planning on changing the weight often, the filler bag makes it more difficult and you should stick to a traditional bag.
- The price. You definitely pay for the quality.
- These are the sandbags that Rogue trademarked the "Strongman" name and therefore caused an uproar in the community.
Product Summary & Specs
Designed and manufactured in Columbus, Ohio, Rogue’s Strongman™ Sandbags deliver a versatile, go-anywhere alternative to heavy balls and stones. They feature the same 1000D MIL Spec US Cordura construction and reinforced, double-stitched seams as our full length Sandbags—in a new compact, customizable form. These sandbags are heavy duty and able to withstand drops, but they are not designed to be slammed.
Strongman™ Sandbags are available in six sizes, with max fill capacities of 100LB, 150LB, 200LB, 250LB, 300LB, 400LB.* Each Sandbag has a built-in filler bag with an additional zipper and hook-and-loop closure—ensuring filler material stays fully contained as you work through your regimen.
Because Sandbags can be emptied and then re-filled at another gym, field, park, etc., they function as uniquely portable Strongman training tools for athletes of any experience level.
*Please Note: Loadable weight of the Strongman™ Bag depends on the density and size of the media being used. Certain media may cause the overall weight of the bag to be greater than or less than projected weight capacity. Due to the nature of the fabric and the directed use, the strongman™ bags may expand over time with use.
- Made in the USA
- 1000D MIL Spec US Cordura construction
- Filler Capacity (6 Sizes): 100LB, 150LB, 200LB, 250LB, 300LB, 400LB
- Built-In Filler Bag
- Zipper and Hook-and-Loop Closure
- (Filler Material Not Included)
- Color: Black with White Rogue logo on flap
- Recommended use on rubber or nonabrasive surface
|Made In USA||
100-lb, 150-lb, 200-lb, 250-lb, 300-lb, 400-lb