This unique rubber compound is not found in any other bumper plate. (Patent Pending). Alpha Bumpers are not made from recycled rubber! Alpha Bumper plates are made for indoor or outdoor use. These weight plates offer a low bounce on any surface, unlike recycled rubber plates that can bounce dangerously high or “skip” away from you. Alpha Bumpers make approximately 30% less noise when dropped from a height of 9 ft, based on testing with decibel meter . Hearing damage & loss have become issues to some weightlifting coaches and trainers due to the level of noise exposure from multiple athletes dropping bumper plates throughout a training session.If your gym is located in an area where the dropping of weights can cause a disturbance to your neighbors, the 30% reduction of noise can be helpful. The Alpha Bumper plates have a much lower odor than crumb rubber bumper plates or recycled rubber bumper plates.
Bumper Plates Dimensions, Specifications, and Colors:
- Lower profile compared to crumb rubber plates or recycled rubber plates and many other brands of bumper plates
- 10 lb – 1.17 inches, 15.7″ diameter, Grey Fleck
- 15 lb – 1.38 inches, 17.7″ diameter, Orange Fleck
- 25 lb – 1.81 inches, 17.7″ diameter, Green Fleck
- 35 lb – 2.55 inches, 17.7″ diameter, Yellow Fleck
- 45 lb – 2.95 inches, 17.7″ diameter, Blue Fleck
- 55 lb – 3.34 inches, 17.7″ diameter, Red Fleck
- Weight tolerance: +/- 1%
- 10 lb plates are a slightly smaller diameter to add density to the rubber compound to allow for dropping. 10 lb plates can be dropped alone on the ba
- Color-coded with large Flecks of rubber for easy identification from a distance and a really unique look
- Color coding is standard IWF type coloring
- Color Flecks are part of the rubber compound
- Fit tighter together than crumb rubber or recycled rubber bumper plates. Less vibration and wobbling.
- 48-month warranty on 55 lb, 45 lb, 35 lb, 36 months on 25 lb plates, 1 year on 15 lb and 10 lb bumper plates
- Plates can be used outdoors but should be stored indoors when not in use.