Rogue SML-2 Squat Stand
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
- Efficient and compact
- 3×3 in.11-gauge steel uprights
- Adjustable fat/skinny pull-up bar
- 5/8 in. holes in Westside spacing pattern
- Affordable hybrid Rogue model
Pros & Cons
What we like about the product...
- The SML-2 is one of Rogue's best selling squat racks of all time.
- The steel used on the uprights is 3"x3" 11-guage that is capable of handling just about any weight. It's rated for 1,000 LB, but we're sure it could hold more.
- Every hole and logo is laser-cut, which is vastly superior to the punch that some companies use.
- The SML-2 comes in a wide variety of colors known as the SML-2C.
- Due to the standard dimensions of the uprights, the SML-2 can accept any Monster Lite accessory that Rogue makes, which is an extensive list.
- A fat/skinny pull-up bar comes standard with the rack that is coated in textured black powder-coat.
- The base of the frame is deep enough that kipping pullups can be done on the rack if weighted down with sandbags or plates.
- The SML-2 comes with a lifetime warranty and is made in the USA of US-sourced steel.
- There's no requirement to bold down the rack to the floor to use, meaning it can go in any garage or room in your home without major modifications.
What needs improvement...
- The rack does rock with kipping pull-ups and toes to bar if not weighted down.
- The SML-2 doesn't come with spotter arms standard, which we'd suggest for anyone planning to bench alone. Seriously, do not bench alone without a spotter or spotter arms.
- The squat stand style that the SML-2 isn't as versatile as a power rack.
Product Summary & Specs
The SML-2 Monster Lite Squat Stand delivers strength and versatility all while remaining compact and efficient. It has 3×3 foot 11-gauge steel uprights, a fat/skinny pull-up bar that is adjustable, and ⅝-inch holes in Westside spacing pattern. It is often referred to as the affordable hybrid of Rogue’s S-2 and Monster SM-2 Squat Stands.
The options are limitless as you can use it for squats, bench, pull-ups, clean pulls, floor press, and more. Its footprint is only 49 x 48 inches, making it perfect for garage training or a gym facility. American manufacturers use two heavy-duty 11-gauge 3×3 foot square laser cut steel uprights and three 2×3 foot 11-gauge steel base tubes to provide the rack with stability. The unit also comes with laser-cut 5/8 inch diameter holes and SAE grade 5 bolt hardware.
The SML-2 Monster Lite Squat Stand features Rogue’s signature black powder coat finish. It may be referred to as a squat stand, but it can also be used like a full-scale power rack. It has a weight capacity of 1,000 pounds, but only takes up 49 x 48 inches, making it functional and efficient.
This product is made in Columbus, Ohio. Each part of the process is monitored and inspected by Rogue workers. This means each weld and laser-cut is monitored to keep up with the rack’s integrity and appearance. Furthermore, Rogue individually inspects the final parts after the final coating process as well. The final package will also receive one last final comprehensive check before it gets shipped. Once in use, the SML-2 Monster Lite Squat Stand is guaranteed by Rogue for life.
With your SML-2 Monster Lite Squat Stand also comes any hardware and basic accessories necessary to build and use your stand. This even includes all ⅝-inch bolts and fasteners you need, a pair of Monster Lite J-Cups (with protective UHMW plastic inserts), and your choice of the Fat/Skinny or Single Pull-Up Bar.
|Made In USA|
3×3" 11 Gauge Steel Uprights