The CAROL Bike provides what is known as Reduced Exertion High-intensity Interval Training or REHIT. This type of training is generally much shorter in duration but with the user expending maximum effort. These REHIT sessions provide an intense workout in a small amount of time.
We test and review fitness products based on an independent, multi-point methodology. If you use our links to purchase something, we may earn a commission. Read our disclosures.
This high-quality bike has been thoughtfully created with AI-powered resistance and backed by science. The CAROL Bike delivers an intense workout in a fraction of the time it would generally take someone to complete a HIIT workout.Manufacturer: CAROLCategories: Conditioning, Air Bikes
CAROL Bike Review (2023): AI-Powered and Science-BasedAuthor: Cooper Mitchell
Pros & Cons
What we like ...
- Lots of adjustment options make this a good option for lots of different people
- Automatically applied resistance takes the guesswork out of cycling
- Belt-driven, which makes it a quieter ride
- Shows up already assembled
What needs improvement ...
- Small monitor
- Extras are sold separately for an additional $400
- Doesn’t have constantly updated programming, so someone who likes new classes might have to additionally pay for something like Peloton programming separately
Length 45.5” and Width 22”
GGR Community Reviews
CAROL offers a unique, indoor cycling experience to really challenge your cardiovascular system. If you have close to $2,500 to spare and like quick but intense cardio workouts, this bike will be a dream come true for you. However, I do think the AI technology was focused on so heavily that the idea of fun programming wasn’t thought as much about. I’ve found myself using the CAROL Bike nearly every weekday and it’s replaced typical workouts I would do on a rower or air bike. For all of these reasons, I’m a massive fan and highly recommend it if you have the money to spend and value both your time and health highly.