Competition Bumper Plates
Rogue Color LB Training 2.0 Bumper Plates
Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
Pros & Cons
10 Reasons To Buy
- The Rogue Training Bumper Plates feature a great color that allows them to be easily identifiable.
- Just like other competition bumper plates, these are thin which allows you to load about as much weight on the bar as you’d like to lift.
- Rogue offers free shipping on these plates.
- The Shore A Durometer rating is 86, which makes them a bit bouncer than some competitors or more expensive plates, but not much.
- The colors are vibrant and will fade over time, but not tremendously.
- The center hub on the plates is chrome-plated.
- The new 2.0 version features a gloss-matte-gloss finish that holds up better than previous versions.
- These bumpers must be within +/- 15 grams of the claimed weight or Rogue will replace them.
- These are the plates that were used in the CrossFit Games and Regionals for years (and still are depending on the competition.)
- Collar opening of 50.4MM is standard and means there won’t be a lot of space between the plate hub and your barbell sleeve.
3 Reasons Not To Buy
- The logos and weight markings will eventually so fade over time that you won’t be able to see them.
- The center steel hub is a two-piece design that causes the plates to rub against the sleeves creating noise and they’ve been known to separate from the rubber.
- Many reviewers have complained of surface rust on the center hubs. One user had this to say, “I bought mine about two years ago, there is already a lot of visible rusts. In comparison, my Rogue competition plates are completely shiny with no rust at all.”
Updated with new artwork and a gloss-matte-gloss finish, Rogue Color LB Training 2.0 Plates are an IWF standard 450MM in diameter, with a narrow width that allows for more weight to be loaded on the bar. A 50.40MM collar opening and steel disc insert keep the plates firmly in place even during intense, high-rep training.
These quality, color-coded bumpers represent the next generation in a series that’s been trusted in official Reebok CrossFit Games competition. With a tested Shore A Durometer of 86, they minimize the bounce on the drop and won't break down with heavy use like some lesser plates on the market.
The color coding of the LB Training Plates makes them easy to identify at a glance, helping athletes, trainers, and coaches run more efficient workouts. Red = 55LB, Blue = 45LB, Yellow = 35LB, and Green = 25LB. Use the column on the right to choose the plate pair(s) that meets your needs.
- Plate Diameter: 450MM
- Plate Widths: (See chart below)
- Collar Opening: 50.40MM
- Insert Type: Steel Disc, Zinc Plated
- Shore A Durometer: 86
- Weight tolerance: +/- 15 grams of claimed weight
- New Artwork (for Version 2.0)
- New Gloss-Matte-Gloss finish (for Version 2.0)
Plate Width Breakdown:
25LB (Green): 1.33"
35LB (Yellow): 1.75"
45LB (Blue): 2.12"
55LB (Red): 2.50"
- Made in USA
- Weight Tolerance
- +/- 15 grams
- Collar Opening
- Insert Type
- Zinc Plated Steel Disc
- 25LB Plate Width
- 35LB Plate Width
- 45LB Plate Width
- 55LB Plate Width
- 5 Year Warranty