Rogue Chan Bar
Manufacturer: Rogue Fitness
Pros & Cons
9 Reasons To Buy
- The Chan Bar has a stainless steel shaft with a 200,000 PSI tensile strength that both looks great and resists corrosion extremely well.
- The black Cerakote color spray over the stainless steel gives the Chan Bar a very unique look, especially with the Samurai logo.
- For the quality of the product and because it is made by Rogue, the price is a great deal. You could easily spend more than double on other barbells that aren’t any better than the Chan Bar.
- Dual knurl marks and a center knurl make it easy to find and keep your grip no matter what lift you are performing.
- It was co-developed with Crossfit Games Athlete Matt Chan and designed for Crossfit athletes. As
- The center knurl is pretty passive, while the outer knurl is more aggressive (even more aggressive than the Rogue Ohio and 2.0 Bars.)
- A Lifetime warranty with Rogue customer support and service on your side. There is also a lifetime guarantee against bending.
- It is manufactured in Columbus, OH rather than being farmed overseas.
- The outer knurling starts a bit wider out than a standard barbell which helps prevent scarring on the shins.
2 Reasons Not To Buy
- If you’re a powerlifter, purchase a bar with more aggressive knurl and less whip.
- The wider knurling is ideal for taller lifters and could give shorter people an issue.
Related In-Depth Product Reviews
Rogue Matt Chan Bar Review: Cerakote + Stainless Steel Barbell
An American-made barbell custom designed by Rogue Athlete Matt Chan. As a former firefighter and four-time Top 10 finisher at the CrossFit Games, Matt is a man whose opinions tend to carry weight around here. That’s why we invited him to come to Columbus and help us create a custom barbell that would combine the qualities of a powerlifting bar, and Olympic weightlifting bar.
The Matt Chan Bar is manufactured from the same quality U.S. steel as our Ohio Bar, with both powerlifting and Olympic lifting knurl marks. Matt added a passive center knurl to the bar. This knurling assists athletes who prefer a little extra “stick” when in the front rack position or back squatting, but it won’t shred the skin like more aggressive center knurls might.
Matt has also increased the distance between the outer knurling which allows for a wider stance on cleans and deadlifts without the knurling scraping the shins.
- Machined and Assembled in Columbus, OH, USA
- Lifetime Guarantee Against Bending*
- Diameter: 28.5MM
- Dual Knurl Marks for O-Lifts and Power Lifts
- “Passive” Center Knurl
- Outer Knurling slightly more aggressive for easier hold during high rep barbell work
- Available in Murdered Out (Black Zinc with Black Zinc Sleeves)
- Bar Type
- Men's Bars
- Bar Use
- Weightlifting, Olympic Weightlifting, Powerlifting, Multipurpose
- Bar Weight
- Center Knurl
- Knurl Marks
- Shaft Coating
- Loadable Sleeve Length
- Sleeve Coating
- F Rating
- Tensile Strength
- 190,000 PSI
- Lifetime Warranty*
- Made in USA