Blonyx HMB+ Creatine is a highly effective supplement that aids in endurance, strength, and recovery. Although pricey, this is a potent supplement in proper doses.
Editor's Note: This is a guest post by Daniel Z. You can find him on Instagram here.
Table of Contents
What is HMB?
β-Hydroxy β-Methylbutyrate, also known as HMB is needed by the body to both repair and protect muscle tissue. Although the exact reason hasn't been nailed down as to why it does this, it's thought to do this by slowing muscle protein breakdown and speeding up protein synthesis.
When working out or competing in athletics, muscle tissue ends up breaking down. It also ends up getting repaired and built up more often due to the way trainees recover. There's lots of research that has been shown that supplementing one's diet with HMB can improve performance by supporting both muscle cell repair and adaptation.
It has also been shown to increase strength and muscle mass gains in various athletes, while improving endurance performance in both cyclists and runners.
Blonyx HMB+ Creatine Supplement Review
This formula is made up of 2 main components… hence the name (HMB+ Creatine). Both of these ingredients are some of the most researched performance enhancers around.
Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate Monohydrate (HMB) is a Leucine metabolite that is used as an ergogenic aid.
Put in the simplest terms possible, this pretty much means it helps increase muscle protein synthesis while helping reduce muscle protein breakdown. Due to this idea of increasing muscle protein synthesis, it has been researched that it helps increase both strength and growth of muscle tissue.
The other main component, Creatine, is a naturally occurring amino acid that occurs within the liver, kidneys, pancreas. 95% is stored within our skeletal muscle, while the remaining 5% is found in our brain, liver, kidneys, testes.
Each ingredient is found in fish & red meat. Together, both HMB and Creatine have the ability to increase endurance/strength/mass all while having a number of other benefits. This makes them a great combination.
The ingredient profile and directions are as follows:
- Serving Size: One Level Scoop (4g)
- Servings per container: 60
- Calcium (From Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutyrate) 195mg
- Calcium-B-Hydroxy-B-Methylbutyrate (HMB) 1.5g
- Creatine Monohydrate 2.5g
- Directions: To benefit from taking HMB and Creatine you require 3g of HMB and 5g of Creatine a day. To achieve this take one scoop twice a day (one am, and one pm). Do not exceed the recommended serving. This tub contains 30-day serving.
By taking 2 scoops you are getting the recommended researched dosage for each ingredient. You can take 1 scoop 2x a day or you can take 2 scoops once a day.
For this review, I took 2 scoops (1 serving) before training sessions. On non-training days I split up the dosages take 1 scoop twice a day. Due to the soluble nature of the powder, I drank at least one gallon of water each day.
In terms of effectiveness, I found Blonyx HMB+Creatine to be highly effective.
The most increased areas of performance were recovery/endurance/strength. I was recovering at a much faster rate and my DOMs (delayed onset muscle soreness) were significantly reduced following training sessions. Because of the better recovery, I was able to have more endurance during training, which allowed me to pump out more reps and sets all while reducing my rest times.
The added intensity from improved endurance/recovery helped me increase my strength. I wasn't hitting PR after PR, but I was able to see an increase in power/speed output with my main component lifts. Overall, I was pleased with the effectiveness of this supplement.
You can purchase a tub of Blonyx HMB+ Creatine for around $60. Each tub contains 60 total servings or a 30 day supply (2 servings per day). So, you're essentially looking at a cost of around $1.00 per scoop or $2.00 per day.
Overall the price is a bit of a downer in my book – you can find bulk options of HMB & Creatine at much lower prices if you do some research. Not too many people have $60 to spend on two of the most basic supplement performance ingredients in the world.
In conclusion, Blonyx HMB+ Creatine is a highly effective product at an even higher cost. I don't mind paying up for simple, effective supplements but at $2 a serving, you're likely better off looking at other options. You can find both bulk HMB and Creatine at much lower costs than you can in this product. If Blonyx could lower the cost somewhat, then this would be a product I'd recommend.
Where to Purchase