Nike with the release of the Nike Metcon 2 has drawn in the functional fitness/CrossFit community even more.
The problem with Nike releasing the Nike Metcon 2 is…
What are the differences?
I'll be honest, they look pretty similar.
BUT, it appears Nike has mainly taken the opinions of their athletes to improve the overall durability and feel of the Metcon 2 over the first iteration.
So, this is what Nike has changed on the Nike Metcon 2:
- Increased durability overall, especially in the toe and forefoot area.
- Increased heel padding.
- Heel-plate for reduced friction on stress points during Handstand Pushups (this actually does make a big difference.)
- Increased ventilation throughout, most notably on the arch area.
- Footbed no longer squeaks or moves around (very annoying on the 1's.)
- Slightly wider in the forefoot.
- Heel slip eliminated (big problem with the 1's)
These are the main differences from the Nike Metcon 1's outside of the colorways and Nike ID.
Now, all of this being said, are the differences enough to make you want to pay the extra premium to purchase the Nike Metcon 2's? Let me know in the comments!
Stay Strong, Live Long,